The Club’s CU Change program is designed with YOU in mind. If you are a teenager in middle or high school, we want you to be a part of it.
The program’s focus is to provide services and support to youth throughout the school day, after-school/evening hours and the summer. In order to promote school attendance, academic progress, improved behavior, coping skills, grade promotion and on-time graduation from high school with a plan for the future are all key components for success.
Evening programming at the Club provides good character, academic and other programs to promote healthy habits and relationships.
Throughout the summer, CU Change youth will be engaged in activities that allows the program to continue to build upon the foundation created throughout the academic school year and increases program retention.
The CU CHANGE program targets 40 high risk youth, ages 11-17 a year.
Core services provided include:
- Improving educational performance by offering homework assistance & education & career goal planning
- Life Skills Education:
- Positive Action (Coping & Risky Behavior Prevention)
- Passport to Manhood (Reinforce Character, Leadership & Positive Behavior for Boys)
- SMART Girls (Health, Fitness and Self-Esteem Enhancement for Girls)
- SMART Moves (Substance Abuse, Sexual Activity Prevention/Education)
- CareerLaunch (Activities focused on Planning for the Future)
- Case Management - collaborative process that assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required to meet the client's health and human service needs