Academic Support Program
Open to all youth in Champaign County, the Academic Support Program is designed to provide youth with a wide variety of after-school educational opportunities.
The Academic Support Program serves youth in grades K-5 with a focus on improving academic performance and ensuring that all Club members progress to the next grade level. We offer homework help, tutoring and a variety of activities in our five core program areas.
Champaign Academic Support Program
Don Moyer Boys & Girls Club
201 E Park St. Champaign, IL
September 8, 2020 - May 21, 2021
Must be entering grades K-5 in Fall 2020
* Pick-up ends 5:30pm
$20 per child
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you keep my child safe during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Don Moyer Boys & Girls Club is operating under a “new normal” during these challenging times. Our #1 priority is the safety of your child. The safety protocols will be followed as recommended by the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) which includes periodic handwashing, and teaching our youth to prevent the spread of viruses.
Don Moyer Boys & Girls Club is the only place that some of the families in our community can turn to when schools are closed. We have carefully considered the risks of our Club reopening, as well as the risks of disruption to service over the summer for families in our community. We believe that reopening for limited service will fill a critical need to the community. Don Moyer Boys & Girls Club will remain vigilant to protect the well-being of the members and staff.
Here are some of the steps we're taking to minimize risk and ensure a safe reopening:
- 1:14 Staff-to-youth ratio
- Only youth and staff will be allowed in the building (drop-off & pick-up will be held outside the doors)
- Before entering the building all staff & youth will have their temperature taken and recorded three times daily
- Hand washing will be implemented every 60 minutes throughout the program day
- Social distancing, avoiding physical contact and mask wearing will be of top priority
You can read our detailed procedures on our Safety Guidelines page.
What are the next steps after registration?
Due to the changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, all new registrants will be added to a Waitlist. After your child is added to the Waitlist, Club staff will contact you directly to answer questions, confirm the program details, and finalize your registration.
After the initial phone call, your registration is not secured until the following steps have been completed:
- Payment - DMBGC staff will contact you to make payment arrangements. Payment arrangements must be made within 3 business days of contact, or your child will be moved to the Waitlist.
- Virtual Parent Orientation - All parent/guardians must attend a Virtual Parent Orientation. We will go over our safety procedures in detail and answer any questions you have about the 2020-21 school year.
- Participation Waiver: All parent/guardians will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging the risks involved of contracting COVID-19. Waivers will be distributed on the first day of program. You can preview the waiver here.
Will meals be provided? Can my child pack a lunch?
We will serve lunch and snack each day. Outside food and drink are not allowed in the building due to health and safety concerns. Please make sure the Club is aware of your child's allergies and dietary restrictions.
My child is on the Waitlist and I haven't received a call. What should I do?
If the program is not yet full, you will receive a call within 3-5 business days after you've registered. We will work with you to complete your registration.
If the program is full, we will call you as soon as a spot has opened up for your child. Please note there is no guarantee that spots will become available. While we cannot provide regular updates on whether your child has moved up on the list, you are welcome to call us at (217) 355-5437 for a status update.