Thank You for your interest in volunteering at the Don Moyer Boys & Girls Club!
The Club accepts individual, small and larger groups of volunteers.
- Individual Volunteer: Participate in individual volunteer activities and/or assist with a special club event.
- Small Groups of Volunteers (2 – 15): Split into groups of 1-2 people for individual activities or as a group to assist with a special club event or implement a volunteer event (with the input of the Club Director) to help maintain and improve club facilities.
- Larger Groups of Volunteers (over 15): Implement a volunteer event (with the input of Club Director) to help maintain and improve club facilities such as cleaning, landscaping, painting, etc. Create an activity or event to benefit Club members or the Club site.
Some of our Volunteer Position Descriptions:
Mentoring focuses on providing Club members with emotional support while dealing with family struggles, behavioral issues, etc. As a mentor, you will talk with Club members about career exploration, post-secondary education, drug and alcohol abuse prevention and self-esteem issues. The mentoring program can be done in an individual or group setting and requires that you meet with your mentee at least once a week.
Students get homework help through an intense two to three hour afterschool program. Members read by themselves, to other children, listen to a mentor read, or read to a mentor for 20 minutes, or answer questions.
Help youth achieve and maintain fitness, acquire a broad range of skills, and develop a sense of teamwork, cooperation, and fairness that leads to the development of healthy lifestyle patterns.
Do you have a special skill that would be useful to our Club members? Do you want to use that skill to enrich the lives of young people throughout Champaign County? You can do just that with Don Moyer Boys & Girls Club! Lead or assist with art classes, computer workshops, music, studio performances, dance......and more!
If you would like to become a Club Volunteer, please:
- Review the Volunteer Checklist. The items listed must be completed before you start your volunteer service at the Club.
- Read and review the Volunteer Handbook.
When you have completed all the necessary forms and the Volunteer Orientation, you will be contacted to set up your Volunteer Schedule.